The Diocese of Rochester recognises that the information on this website should be presented in a format which is accessible to everyone regardless of ability or disability.
To ensure this happens, we have programmed and developed our website using XHTML and cascading style sheets (CSS) conforming to published web standards and accessibility guidelines where possible. Our site content is accessible to visitors using technologies such as screen readers or text only browser settings.
Maintaining a WAI Level AA accessibility standard
We have worked hard to achieve standards which conform to AA standard. However, given the volume of information on this site, we understand that in some cases, further work needs to be done. Websites are forever evolving and as such, we will always strive to maintain and improve on our accessiblity standards.
Change Article Text Size
When you see the 'text size' option, you can adjust the size of the text in the main body of the website. This can be used in conjunction with your browser text adjustment settings which can be found in the following locations:
- Internet Explorer 7/8: Select the 'Page' menu, then one of the options under 'Zoom' or 'Text Size'. The default setting is 'Medium'
- Internet Explorer 6: Select the 'View' menu, and select one of the options under 'Text Size'
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the 'View' menu, then 'Text Size', then select Increase, Decrease or Normal
- Opera: Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Zoom' percentage options
- Netscape: Select the 'View' menu, then one of the 'Text Zoom' options
Browser technology and specifications change frequently so it is always useful to stay up to date with the latest versions available.
Listen to our content
Hear This Text
When you see this 'Hear this text' box in the toolbar under the page title, it means that software will analyse the content and within a pop up window, create an automated voice which will read the article aloud for you. To benefit from this option, please ensure you enable pop up windows and have a sound card and speakers.
We are currently working on proving a keyboard based site navigation system and hope to have this online soon.
For Internet Explorer, version 8 is our recommended minimum but should you want to upgrade beyond v8, please do so.